Korean Sauna Eggs (Also known as Huevos Haminados originating from the Sephardic Jews of Spain)
If you’ve never heard of these, you’re in for a treat! These eggs are brown on the inside and have a deep roasted flavor. And thanks to the Instant Pot, 7+ hour of slow cooking eggs now only take 2 hours (or 1 hour with the Instant Pot Max!)
• Eggs, as many as will fit in a single layer on the bottom of your Instant Pot inner pot
• Water, enough to cover the eggs
• 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
1. Let eggs come to room temperature.
2. Place eggs in the inner pot on the included steam rack in your Instant Pot.
3. Add enough water to cover the eggs.
4. Set steam release to the Sealing position.
5. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, set to High pressure and adjust to 90 minutes (Instant Pot Max 60 minutes).
6. After cooking, Quick Release pressure.
7. Once float valve is down, remove the lid and use tongs or a spider to carefully remove the hot eggs from the insert. Place them in an ice bath until they are cool to the touch.